Nurses have many career pathways and job opportunities, from hospitals to nursing homes to insurance companies to med spas. Home health is often an overlooked or unknown career pathway. When people think of home care nursing, they often think of visit nurses who provide acute follow-up to an event or a hospitalization. However, there is an entire industry of extended hours home care nursing that many people don’t even know exists! This type of home care is generally provided for patients with tracheostomies, ventilators, and other high-tech medical conditions.
Why is home care nursing a great career? Home care nursing is often a more relaxed environment than a bustling facility. Nurses are one-to-one with patients and can see from day to day how their clinical care impacts the patient. Home care nurses
- provide personal, meaningful one-on-one care.
- allow clients to live life to the fullest at home with their loved ones.
- allow clients to participate in school, work, activities, etc. that they may not been able to otherwise.
- obtain acute care experience.
- learn specialized care ie. working with clients who are trach and vented.
Extended hours home care nursing is a unique industry, and there are several agencies that a nurse can work for in the Minneapolis/St Paul metro area. Communities of Care has been a leader in home care nursing since 1999. We have been instrumental in legislative efforts, creating and interpreting the home care rules to benefit patients. We have also been a leader in creating best-in-class tools for agencies to ensure that we are assessing clients accurately. Communities of Care is a great agency to work with for many reasons:
- We treat you the way we want to be treated.
- We are responsive, open and honest.
- We listen, understand, and resolve issues.
- We work together as a team.
- We provide 2 week rotating block schedules.
Join our team! We look forward to working with you!