Greetings friends, and happy December! As we approach another holiday season, here are some ideas for gifts that won’t clutter the house or cost a fortune.
- “Doing” Gift Certificates: It’d really fun to give and receive coupons for things like hugs, cooking dinner, cleaning a room without complaining, or leaving Mom alone for an hour. The items can vary by age, but actions speak louder than words.
- Local Gift Certificates: Local restaurants and other businesses have had a tough year. Buy a gift certificate to a locally-owned business to help them out and keep your neighborhood strong!
- Books: An easy and enriching option is to scour the local bookstore for an interesting book of any genre and have a family book club. Discussing fascinating stories is a great way to bond, and introducing younger readers to classic stories is an amazing experience.
- Coloring Books: With the rise of “mandala books” of complex patterns, coloring can be an amazing stress reliever and bonding activity for the whole family. Each person can have their own book or they can be shared.
- Crafts/Handiwork: For those inclined to drawing, knitting, crocheting, or sewing, making a warm, bright gift for loved ones can be a labor of love. These gifts should be started early to allow enough time for practice and completion
- Spa Kit: For all the overworked moms out there, a bottle of bath oil, a cozy drink, and maybe a soft robe go a long way. Partners and kids, stocking up on Mom’s favorite self-care items can make a world of difference.
We hope these ideas give you a jump start on your gift prep.
Communities of Care wishes you a safe and joyous holiday season!